Seven Mile Zinfandel
Located in the town of Camino in El Dorado County, Biama Vineyard is home to our Seven Mile Zinfandel. Formerly a logging community, Camino was originally known as “Seven Mile House” serving as a stagecoach stop for homesteaders traveling along the Old Carson Wagon Road in the late 1850’s. The “mile houses” were named so as they represented the distance traveled from one town to the next. Camino earned this name as it is seven miles east of the historic town of Placerville, a central hub during the California gold rush. Planted in 2005, this vineyard sits at 3100’ elevation and is made up of decomposed granite with an extreme amount of iron oxide which creates an illusion that the vineyard is glowing red. The budwood comes from the old Beatty Clone in Howell Mountain dating back to the early 1900’s.